Experienced Greenwich Divorce Lawyers Serving Connecticut Clients In Westport, Darien, Wilton, New Canaan, Greenwich and Fairfield.
Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, LLC was founded in 1982 on the premise that a law firm can make a real difference in people’s lives and can shape the course of the law. Our lawyers exclusively practice family law and have the in-depth knowledge and dedication to handle the most challenging cases involving divorce, high-net-worth dissolutions, child custody and support disputes, and other complex matters associated with your divorce. From our office located in an historic Westport home and our additional Greenwich office, we guide you with compassion and tenacity through your difficult divorce and family law disputes. We treat you as a real person – an individual not a number – and deliver highly personalized, individual service. We can accomplish this because we are selective in the cases we take so we can give quality service to all our clients.
Setting precedent and changing law
Our dedicated family law team sees advancing family law as a mission, not just a career. We challenge unjust and ambiguous laws, and we advocate for the rights of families to be treated with fairness and respect within the family law system. Highlights of our successes include:
- Connecticut Family Law and Practice — Among our prolific output of articles and books, this three-volume series on family law matters is widely used and cited by lawyers and judges throughout the state.
- Wendt v. Wendt — We litigated this widely known case, which established legal precedent on courts’ review of financial arrangements in marriages that involve significant corporate employment assets.
- Ireland v. Ireland— We litigated this landmark case that ultimately led to changes in the law, which now requires relocating parents to prove that a move is in the child’s best interest.
- An Act Concerning the Relocation of Parents Having Custody of Minor Children — We were instrumental in the passage of this 2006 statute that requires courts to consider what is in a child’s best interest in relocation cases.
- Post Majority Educational Support Act — Our attorneys testified for the passage of this 2002 statute that provides the basis upon which courts may order support for children attending college.
- An Act Concerning Arbitration in Certain Family Relations Matters — Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, LLC spearheaded legislation passed in 2005 that allows couples to engage in binding arbitration in certain types of divorces.
Consult Westport and Greenwich divorce attorneys with exceptional levels of experience
Learn more about your family law rights from an established law firm. Call Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, LLC’s Westport office at 203-227-7301 or our Greenwich office at 203-869-7277 or contact us online to schedule your consultation.