5 Imperial Avenue
Westport, CT 06880
Map & Directions [+]
Practice AreasServices We Offer
- High Asset Divorce
- Complex Custody Cases
- Complex Property Division Issues
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
Westport Family Law Attorneys
Serving Clients in Fairfield County & Beyond
At Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, our legal team works diligently to solve your divorce and family law issues. We advise, guide, and represent our clients with the utmost discretion and sensitivity as we craft creative solutions for their complex legal matters. Given our geographical proximity to New York City and the financial markets, we frequently help clients navigate the intricacies and complexities of large-asset, high income, and complicated divorce cases. Our experience with these types of sophisticated cases is unparalleled. Our highly experienced and professional team has earned a remarkable and well-deserved reputation for excellence in this field.
Schedule a consultation with a family law lawyer in Westport. Call (203) 428-4476 or contact us online using our request form.
Rely on a Well-Respected, Professional Team
At Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, our attorneys have outstanding reputations in the field of family law. Our history of successfully resolving complex divorce and family law cases through negotiation, litigation, and testifying before the legislature, speaks for itself. Our attorneys are leaders in this field through their authoritative legal work, prolific publications, frequent lectures, and unwavering dedication to excellence.
Our team is committed to resolving every case in a manner that protects our clients’ rights and best interests. Our clients benefit from having multiple attorneys working together in pursuit of results. No matter how challenging, complex, or difficult your situation may appear, you can count on the zealous advocacy, knowledge, and insight we bring to every client.
Consult with one of our attorneys today. Contact us at (203) 428-4476 or online.
Family Law Cases We Handle
We counsel clients in all areas of family law, including:
- Divorce. The critical decisions you make during the divorce process can have lasting consequences in all aspects of your life. As such, we take the time to learn everything about you, including your family relationships, responsibilities, employment, and finances. We think long term about securing your financial health, often thinking outside the box to put you in the most advantageous position possible, both today and tomorrow.
- High-asset divorce. We provide discretion and thoroughness in cases involving complex financial holdings, multiple real estate properties, closely held businesses, professional practices, investments, retirement accounts, compensation packages, and other assets. These cases may require legal analysis as well as financial experts and other professional resources. We work to perform an exhaustive review of all property and assets to protect your legal rights and best interests throughout the divorce process.
- Alimony. Spousal support is generally designed to provide financial resources for a dependent spouse during or after the divorce process. It may be granted on a temporary or permanent basis or as rehabilitative short-term aid to help a lower-earning party become self-supporting. The courts look at many factors in determining alimony payments. We represent parties seeking alimony as well as those contesting payments.
- Child support. All parents, whether married or not, are obligated to financially support their minor children. The Connecticut Child Support and Arrearage Guidelines determines child support payments. Our team can help create plans that appropriately divide support obligations. We also represent clients seeking enforcement and modification of previously entered child support orders.
- Custody and visitation. The welfare of your children is always of paramount importance. Our team can advise and guide you through the negotiation of a parenting plan that will protect your parental rights and serve the best interests of your children. If resolution by negotiated agreement is not possible, our attorneys will represent you throughout the trial of contested custody issues.
- Complex custody cases. Disputes between parents regarding custody can be based on many underlying issues. These emotional cases require the representation of an experienced lawyer. Our team regularly handles contentious custody battles because we are sought out for the resources and experience we have to offer.
- Complex property division. When complex property holdings are involved, the division of marital property requires experienced attorneys and experts to be sure the division by agreement or by the court properly accounts for value and ownership interests. Our team will work tirelessly to help you achieve a fair property settlement that fully identifies, values, and divides these assets.
- Relocation. The consequences of relocation for a child and both parents can be profound. The court must determine what is in the child’s best interest to determine if relocation is appropriate. These complex cases call for compelling evidence to prove or disprove that relocation best serves the child.